Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Role

I think that if I were offered a role in a movie/TV show of my choosing, I would choose a comedy similar to Modern Family or Community, one where the comedy is funny without a constant stream of canned laughter and the situations dealt therein differ from standard comedy fare. I think that I could play a straight-man type the best out of all the standard comedy roles, mostly because I can keep a straight face through almost anything when the situation calls for it. I can also pull off classic straight-man reactions quite well and can be extremely dry if I try to be. It's not hard for me to suddenly have explosive reactions or extreme over-reactions to situations. My voice lends itself to the character of a straight-man and I have good command of verbal tone, which is important in a serious character who relies on subtleties of expression and tone to be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment